2 lb Lasagna Noodles
1 Red Bell Pepper
2 Broccoli Florets
2 medium sized Zucchini
14 oz Ricotta Cheese
24 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese
For the sauce:
6 cloves Garlic
1 white Onion
4 oz Tomato Puree
Herbs to taste (Fresh Basil, Oregano, Italian Parsley)
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
How to make vegetable lasagna recipe:
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Sautee them in olive oil.
- Boil the pasta in water and simmer for 8-10 minutes, rinse and drain.
- In a baking dish pour a thin layer of sauce.
- Layer 1/4 of the noodles, 1/2 of the vegetables and ricotta cheese and 1/2 of the mozzarella and sauce.
- Repeat the second layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining noodles, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- When the cheese gets cooked, sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Before slicing let it stand for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, mince garlic and onion together.
- Saute the garlic – onion paste in the olive oil.
- Pour in tomato puree.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer till the sauce thickens.