10 oz chopped Spinach
1/8 tsp Nutmeg Powder
1/8 tsp Sugar
1 cup low-fat Cottage Cheese
2 tsp Flour
2 tblsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Egg Yolk 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Egg Whites
How to make spinach squares recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 8” square pan with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, nutmeg powder and sugar.
- Put the cottage cheese in a mixer for half a minute.
- Add the flour, Parmesan cheese, egg yolk, black pepper and cayenne pepper to the cottage cheese mixture and mix till well mixed.
- Add this mixture to the spinach mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently add this mixture to the spinach.
- Pour this mixture into baking pan. Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Let the pan cool for 5 minutes.
- Take out the spinach bake and slice into 16 squares.
- Serve hot.