Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
3 tablespoons chopped onion
2 cups julienne-cut zucchini
1 cup julienne-cut carrot
4 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream alternative
1/3 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
1/4 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
6 ounces spinach fettuccini, uncooked
2 ounces reduced-fat, low-salt ham, cut into julienne strips
How to make spinach fettuccini recipe:
- Coat a nonstick sheet with cooking spray.
- Add margarine.
- Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts.
- Add onion and saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, carrots and zucchini, sauté 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Combine sour cream, chicken broth, and pepper in a small bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package direction, omitting salt and fat and drain.
- Place pasta in a serving bowl. Add vegetable mixture, sour cream mixture, and ham and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.