1 1/4 lb Eggplant
2 cup Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 cup pitted and halved Olives
3 minced cloves Garlic
1 tsp dried Oregano
2 tsp Fennel Seed
1 tsp Dried Basil
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
How to make eggplant lasagna recipe:
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices.
- In a bowl mix together olive oil and all the herbs.
- Now brush this oil on both the sides of the eggplant slices.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and brown the eggplant slices on both the sides till they are tender.
- When all the slices are done, layer a baking dish with half the eggplant slices, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, spaghetti sauce, fennel seed and olives.
- Then again layer the dish in the same order with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and olives.
- Cover the dish and bake it in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let the dish stand for 15 minutes before serving.