5 cups Wheat Flour
2 cup cold unsalted Butter
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Sugar
1 cup Water (as per requirement)
For the filling:
12 – 14 tart Apples thinly sliced
2 cup Sugar
2 tblsp Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tblsp Butter
How to make apple pie recipe:
- Sift the flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture with a fork.
- Add the water to make dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator.
- Remove dough from wrap and roll into a circle.
- Put the dough in a pie pan and fill with the apple filling.
- To make the filling, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the apple slices and toss well.
- Fill the pie crust with the apple mixture.
- Roll the remainder of dough and place it on top of the pie filling.
- Crimp the edges together.
- Layer with little butter.
- Cut few small slits in the top crust.
- Bake the pie at 450 degrees for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350degrees for 35 minutes.
- When the juices bubble out of the top and crust is golden brown, the apple pie is ready.